Pages

Avatar ( Aang- The last air bender )





A tv show of nikolodian. Has total 3 seasons, around 61 episodes. A must see animation series. I have bought 2 DVD box set, which have the whole series recorded. I was sitting exact 20 hours in front of monitor watching this series. First I decided to watch for 3 hours, and then it seems I could not move from monitor without watching the next episode. Simultaneously time passed and I thought what the hell can happen if I see only one more episode now. Next time I saw my watch, I found 9 hours has been passed. And then there was no way to stop watching this series.

In this series, there are 4 nations in world. They are Earth benders, Fire Benders, Water Benders, and Air Benders. Benders are like martial art people, but they can move or shoot or shape their elements without touching it. They lived in a harmony. But everything changes when Fire nation attacks on all of them. Fire nations captured most of the cities in 100 years.

Only one man, moreover a spirit can save them. Avatar, the master of four elements. His duty is to keep harmony. Every era has its own Avatar, but all avatars share only one spirit.But, now, when he was most needed, he just disappeared. The birth of Avatar circles around the nations. And the last avatar was from Air benders, who is missing for 100 years and People gave up their hope.

At the first episode, Kitara anad Saka from water nations found Avatar in South Pole. But hey, he is only 14 years old. His name is Aang, a monk. Though his air bending power is fantastic, but he doesn’t know about other bending powers. He has to learn all of them. The entire time fire nation is hunting him. Prince Zuko who was banished from fire nations searches for avatar, to kill him and get his honor back.

1st season was adventure based as well as kept touch with main story in every episode. 2nd season was storyline based with strategically action. 3rd season is the final touch. Lots of kisses, actions, costumes were there. This series got many classic episodes, many heart touching dialogues, many advice that was uncommon and useful. And it was funny too.

I must mention about Zuko’s uncle ( the fat and happy type man, but the coolest. Has severely fire power. Played a vital role in season 2 and 3) , Appa (the flying Byson of avatar), Momo ( a lemur of avatar), Suki ( Kyoshi worrior, becomes Saka’s girldriend later), Azumi ( Zuko’s sister, most evil character), Fire Lord (main villain), May (Zuko’s girfriend), Avatar Roku (immediate Avatar before Aang).
I am giving my personal ratings.
1)Storyline: 10/10
2)Directing: 7/10
3)Artwork: 2D, 6/10
4)Characters: 10/10
5)Sound works: 7/10
6)Dialogues: 10/10
7)Specialty: Classic moments, superb dialogues, awesome storyline.
* For 15 years of age and above.

© aakash_paglaa

6 comments:

বাংলাদেশী আইডল said...

One of the finest TV series I ever saw...beside probably X-Files and MacGyver

Rizvan Hasan said...

@silva,
hi
:)

shupty said...

:)

Rizvan Hasan said...

@ aaree, supty aapu, ki khobor? ei thikana pailen kothay?

Hyperactve said...

A very good animation indeed. Nice review.
But why's Directing: 7/10 only? It deserves more. -_-

Rizvan Hasan said...

I reduced points because I think this series could be little more violent.Ever seen blood there?(I am not asking to be savage,but a little more could have been enough). It could take the series at new level.
I dont find the story as a childish one. But some how director made it that way. I KNOW IT WAS FOR COMMERCIAL REASON.

Whatever, they have really done a great job.

I find some episodes to be very commercial at the middle of the series. I mean, if you miss them, that'll not affect on the story. They were only made to make the series long to air for more days in TV.

Thanx for comment.

Post a Comment